Thursday, August 8, 2013

Can I Give Up Now?

Uncle...fate is twisting my arm and I am calling uncle. As in I give in, I give up, I give off, I give out (not really). I DON'T give a flying flip, or a rat's a--, or a hairy rat's a--, or a holy hell. This quest apparently is impossible for me. It has always been impossible for me. I knew that going into this and yet I wanted to give it one last college try. I am too old for college trying.

Although, I am pleased to announce that after Summer 2013 classes, my cumulative GPA for my entire college career is 3.86. I AM smart. I always knew that, but the GPA proves it. I guess I should have gloated back when I was inducted last year in some Chi something something sorority. It is for smart people that are in the top 10% of their class at their school. I think I got in because I am as old as the professors here and they all want me to feel good about myself.

Feel good about myself?? I have been in college for 38 years. If I haven't graduated by now, a gold pin and a secret oath are not going to help me - ever. But maybe if they want to give me an honorary degree...

But I digress...

This quest...I don't want to do it anymore. So I am not. And I am not going to feel guilty about it either. I am going to languidly go through my days wishing for something I never have, hoping for something that isn't going to happen and dreaming of something I wish I had done.

Come on...I know you want to join me!!



1 comment:

  1. Those sound like some long days. So sad to see you go. You make me happy though. :)

    ReplyDelete