Thursday, June 28, 2018

No Tacos for You!

I have not posted in a long while. Too much is happening to even jot down a quick thought.


But today I have something to share.


For dinner tonight my family had agreed on tacos. But this afternoon, our resident chef, also known as 'our son,' called to say that the menu needed to change.


My son: "We can't have tacos tonight after all."


Me: "O.K., but why?"


My son: "Because I have to teach at 7:00."


Me: "Ok, well, I will leave work at 5:30 instead of 6:00 and you can just have them ready when I get home (it takes me about 10 minutes to get home). That will be enough time, right?"


My son: "No, we have to have something else."


Me: "Why?"


My son: "Because I eat tacos really slowly."


What do you say after a statement like that?

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!
    I guess it makes sense.
    Some folks like fast food.
    Some folks like slow food.

    ReplyDelete