Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Forgot The Title


I had the perfect idea to blog about this morning. I worked out much of it in my head as I was getting ready for work. I was too busy to stop and jot down a note. Thinking this idea was so brilliant I could never forget it was a stroke of………well……stupidity.

I should have known better. I am all too familiar with how my mind works. I KNOW how OFTEN I forget things. I make jokes about it for crying out loud.

And yet, for one brief second this morning, I forgot the past, the history of my ‘senior moments.’ I believed I still had the mind of an 18 year old. An 18 year old girl – I am after all in the possession of an 18 year old boy and if something isn’t attached to his forehead, shirt, pants, shoes, or random body part, he will forget. Even if I leave a note – he forgets! He ‘forgets’ because the note is on the stove or somewhere in the kitchen and goodness knows he can remember that he read it, moved it, slid it elsewhere, transported the pen back to its assigned pen portal, and do anything else you can think of with any part of the note, BUT REMEMBER WHAT THE NOTE SAYS, because it isn’t stapled to those places I mentioned earlier! Maybe I should start doing something different. Before he gets up in the morning, I should write my instructions for the day on a piece of paper, sneak into his room and BAM, tape it right to his head with duct tape. Mission accomplished. But alas, that would probably also be unsuccessful in some bizarre way that would never cross my mind, but is all too familiar in his.

Anyway, back to me. Wait, what was I talking about?

SEE WHAT I MEAN????
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL !!! So very true!!
    You are possessed by an 18 year old boy?
    Most disconcerting!
    I know a good priest!

    ReplyDelete