Monday, November 20, 2017

Paleo

My daughter sent me a picture of her holiday gluten-free, Paleo approved pumpkin pie yesterday. I totally got the gluten-free, but I was unsure how a pie became 'Paleo', so at work today I asked someone I work with, who is a strict Paleo dieter, what made a pie 'Paleo.' She explained to me that it means, no flour, no dairy. Ok, got it.


Then she relayed this Thanksgiving story that I thought was hysterical. So I am passing it on.


She told me that she made a dark chocolate dessert to take with her to a family gathering a few years back so that she would have a dessert that she could eat after their big Thanksgiving Day meal. She thought if she brought a Paleo dessert she would not be tempted with all the other fabulous sweets at the table.


She said it consisted of dark chocolate, maple syrup, and something else she said she could not remember.


After dinner, everyone was too full to indulge in dessert, so they relaxed or went outside or played family games.


The hostess of the party, as my coworker tells it, had an ant problem, so the hostess put the desserts in the oven (unheated), so that no ants could get to the desserts before the party goers did.


Well, that plan unfortunately failed. When they went to retrieve their desserts from the oven, the ants had found them and were carting off little ant mouthfuls of the delicious creations - all except from my coworkers dessert. The ants had not gone near it.


The hostess turned to my coworker and said, "See Ann, even the ants won't touch your stuff!!"


I am glad Ann laughed. I laughed too. But it made me realize I am definitely not a Paleo Diet candidate!


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I believe humans in the 21st century are no longer of the Neanderthal body type and therefore do not have to eat like cave men!
    That's why donuts evolved.

    ReplyDelete