Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 - The Good , The Bad, The Want to Forget

HAPPY 2018!!!


All I have to say is 'Farewell & Good Riddance to 2017!' It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Here is a synopsis.

The Good:
  1. My daughter bought a house.
  2. My son graduated from university with his Master's Degree.
  3. I got to go see my son in the UK.
  4. I got to see the UK, Ireland, & Scotland.
  5. My niece got married.
  6. My nephew got married.
  7. We got 2 dogs. One on purpose, and one accidentally.
  8. I finally got to see the Avett Brothers with my friend.

The Bad:
  1. I stormed out and quit my job.
  2. I didn't lose my job because of it.
  3. One of my daughter's dogs died suddenly and sadly.
  4. Tom Petty died suddenly and sadly.
  5. My daughter got bit by a caged coyote. (Don't ask)
  6. Every time I visited family or friends this year, someone hit my car.
  7. We got 2 dogs. One on purpose, and one accidentally.
  8. I had an allergic reaction to who knows what in September and it still rears it's ugly head at least 2-3 times a week.

    The Things I Want to Forget:
    1. Life is getting very difficult at my job.
    2. Life is getting very difficult at my husband's job - and we live where he works.
    3. People have gotten much, much meaner this year.
    4. I turned 60.
    Well, well, it seems that it all evens out in the end. Somehow though, I feel that there is much more 'bad' and 'I want to forget' that I haven't dared to type. But, there is probably much more 'good' that I could write too.

    So anyway - I raise my glass to 2018. May there be nothing but good in it for all of us.




    1 comment: