Thursday, January 25, 2018

STOP

When I drive to work everyday I encounter a 4 way stop. On multiple occasions I have seen police hiding in the bushes trying to catch roll through drivers. Because of that, I always stop. It doesn't matter if any other car approaches the intersection or not - I stop completely. Due to this intersection and my reaction to a potential ticket when I may least expect them, completely stopping has become a habit of mine at ALL stop signs. Why take a chance?


Today, the car in front of me was the only other car around and the driver did the slow down, roll through stop. The "I sort of stopped! Seriously no other car was around me except for the one behind me, so why should I have to completely stop?" I already HAVE to wear a seatbelt whether I want to or not - so cut me some slack." (Oh wait, that last sentence is my driving pet peeve.)


Anyway, the action of the previous driver made me think of one of my favorite jokes - and I smirked as I stopped.


Enjoy!


"A cop stops a man for running a stop sign and the gentleman gives the cop a lot of grief explaining that he did stop.

The officer explained to the gentleman that he did not stop, he just slowed down a little and rolled through the intersection.

The gentleman replied, "Stop or slow down, what's the difference?"

The cop then made the guy out of his car and started hitting him with his nightstick. When the man protested the cop looked at him and said, 'Would you like for me to slow down or stop?"



I am smirking again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment