Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Good Food = Happiness

This is so good it will make you want to slap my momma! (That thought runs through my mind on a continuous loop. Shhhhh)


Tomato-Basil Pie


Follow the directions with one refrigerated pie shell but only cook it half way. When you pull it out of the oven sprinkle 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese over the hot pie crust. This will prevent your crust from getting soggy.

Chop up 4 large tomatoes into small pieces and place in pie crust.

In a food processor combine 1 cup of fresh basil and 1 tablespoon of prepared garlic. Process until mixed well in small pieces. Using your hands sprinkle basil-garlic mixture over tomatoes.

In a bowl mix 1 cup of Hellman's Mayonnaise, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of white pepper. Carefully spread this mixture evenly over the basil-garlic mixture.
 

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. The pie should be golden and bubbly.

Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
 


I have yet to get my fill of this...and I have eaten A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish !!! Avery and I will have to try this one !!

    ReplyDelete